Help us to Save and Restore San Francisco’s Historic Public Courses
Sharp Park, built by the legendary Alister MacKenzie, is both an historical landmark and a world golf treasure, ranked by Golfweek magazine as one of the 50 greatest municipal courses in the U.S. But it is also 84 years old – opened in 1932 – and badly in need of new drainage and irrigation systems and other renovations. What’s more, Sharp Park has for years been, and continues to be, the target of anti-golf zealots who have tried, unsuccessfully thus far, to close the course.
With heroic legal help from our friends at the Morrison Foerster law office, the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance has helped defend San Francisco against lawsuits aimed at banning golf at Sharp Park. Working with historic preservationists, environmentalists, public officials and agencies at all levels of government, we are advancing a plan to preserve affordable public golf at Sharp Park, in concert with a habitat enhancement project approved by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.
Meanwhile, on the cliffs overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge at the northwest corner of San Francisco, we are fighting to protect scenic Lincoln Park Golf Course against commercial development.
We need your help to ensure that current and future generations of golfers can enjoy San Francisco’s beautiful, historic, affordable courses. Please read through this website and join our e-mail list to get involved.
Top Ten ways you can support, contact or follow us:
Join our E-Mail List: click here to subscribe to our e-mail list!
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter: @SFPublicGolf, #SaveSharpPark
Follow us on Google+: Save Sharp Park
Friend us on Facebook: SFPGA
Link us on Linked-In: San Francisco Public Golf Alliance, SFPGA Discussion Group
Like our pictures on Instagram: SFPGA
Check out our book: Alister MacKenzie's Legacy of Public Golf at Sharp Park
Make a donation, click here.
Sign up to sponsor or play in our annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Save Sharp Park
News & Events
- Recap: Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 23, 2018The course was beautiful as always. The greens were as good as they have been in years. Some days, Sharp Park can just overwhelm you with its combination of beauty, history, art, recreation, and community. This was one of those days.
- Sharparkology 101: A lecture at the Pacifica Historical Society Monday, June 25, 2018SFPGA President "Professor" Richard Harris discusses the origins of golf in Scotland, its early history in America, the central place held by Alister MacKenzie in the history and practice of world golf architecture, and the artistry of his work at Sharp Park.
- UPDATE: The 2018 Online Silent Auction Concluded.
Congratulations to the winning bidders. Thursday, May 17, 2018The Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament is on Saturday, May 26, but on-line bidding for the silent auction is open now! Bid on fantastic courses and golf adventures including Bandon Dunes, Friar's Head and Royal Dornoch. All auction proceeds go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Election Day June 5. Don't forget to vote! Sunday, May 13, 2018On June 5 San Francisco voters will select a new mayor to replace the late Ed Lee. Your vote matters.
The San Francisco Public Golf Alliance Endorses Prop 68 to protect our water, parks, and natural resources.
- Sign up for the Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park - May 26! Monday, January 22, 2018Download and submit your entry form for the Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica. All proceeds go to supporting the effort to preserve and protect our muni golf gem.