Help us to Save and Restore San Francisco’s Historic Public Courses
Sharp Park, built by the legendary Alister MacKenzie, is both an historical landmark and a world golf treasure, ranked by Golfweek magazine as one of the 50 greatest municipal courses in the U.S. But it is also 83 years old – opened in 1932 – and badly in need of new drainage and irrigation systems and other renovations. What’s more, Sharp Park has for years been, and continues to be, the target of anti-golf zealots who have tried, unsuccessfully thus far, to close the course.
With heroic legal help from our friends at the Morrison Foerster law office, the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance has helped defend San Francisco against lawsuits aimed at banning golf at Sharp Park. Working with historic preservationists, environmentalists, public officials and agencies at all levels of government, we are advancing a plan to preserve affordable public golf at Sharp Park, in concert with a habitat enhancement project approved by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.
Meanwhile, on the cliffs overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge at the northwest corner of San Francisco, we are fighting to protect scenic Lincoln Park Golf Course against commercial development.
We need your help to ensure that current and future generations of golfers can enjoy San Francisco’s beautiful, historic, affordable courses. Please read through this website and join our e-mail list to get involved.
Top Ten ways you can support, contact or follow us:
Join our E-Mail List: click here to subscribe to our e-mail list!
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter: @SFPublicGolf, #SaveSharpPark
Follow us on Google+: Save Sharp Park
Friend us on Facebook: SFPGA
Link us on Linked-In: San Francisco Public Golf Alliance, SFPGA Discussion Group
Like our pictures on Instagram: SFPGA
Check out our book: Alister MacKenzie's Legacy of Public Golf at Sharp Park
Make a donation, click here.
Sign up to sponsor or play in our annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Save Sharp Park
News & Events
- Community Unites to Save Sharp Park at 5th Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament Monday, June 13, 2016To the Players, Sponsors, Donors, Volunteers, and other friends of the 2016 Alister MacKenzie Tournament: Thank you for helping to Save Sharp Park!
- UPDATE: Silent Auction to Save Sharp Park Ended!
Thanks to all who contributed! Tuesday, May 31, 2016The benefit auction to Save Sharp Park featured some great golf courses.
- Executive Women’s Golf Day a Big Hit at Swinging Skirts Tournament Wednesday, April 27, 2016The Executive Women's Golf Day at the Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic exemplify the future of the game.
- Register For Executive Women’s Day at Swinging Skirts Tournament Thursday, April 7, 2016San Francisco Mayor's Women's Golf Council presents the Swinging Skirts Executive Women's Day on Wednesday, April 20, 2016. This inaugural event will be held at Lake Merced Golf Club and will bring together influential women from the Bay Area to engage in topics focused on personal and professional development.
- The Fifth Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament To Save Sharp Park Sunday, March 13, 2016Sign-ups are now open for Sponsors, Teams, and Players in the 2016 Alister MacKenzie Tournament, June 4 at Sharp Park. All proceeds go toward the ongoing campaign to save and renovate this seaside public golf gem.