Help us to Save and Restore San Francisco’s Historic Public Courses
Sharp Park, built by the legendary Alister MacKenzie, is both an historical landmark and a world golf treasure, ranked by Golfweek magazine as one of the 50 greatest municipal courses in the U.S. But it is also 84 years old – opened in 1932 – and badly in need of new drainage and irrigation systems and other renovations. What’s more, Sharp Park has for years been, and continues to be, the target of anti-golf zealots who have tried, unsuccessfully thus far, to close the course.
With heroic legal help from our friends at the Morrison Foerster law office, the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance has helped defend San Francisco against lawsuits aimed at banning golf at Sharp Park. Working with historic preservationists, environmentalists, public officials and agencies at all levels of government, we are advancing a plan to preserve affordable public golf at Sharp Park, in concert with a habitat enhancement project approved by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.
Meanwhile, on the cliffs overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge at the northwest corner of San Francisco, we are fighting to protect scenic Lincoln Park Golf Course against commercial development.
We need your help to ensure that current and future generations of golfers can enjoy San Francisco’s beautiful, historic, affordable courses. Please read through this website and join our e-mail list to get involved.
Top Ten ways you can support, contact or follow us:
Join our E-Mail List: click here to subscribe to our e-mail list!
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter: @SFPublicGolf, #SaveSharpPark
Follow us on Google+: Save Sharp Park
Friend us on Facebook: SFPGA
Link us on Linked-In: San Francisco Public Golf Alliance, SFPGA Discussion Group
Like our pictures on Instagram: SFPGA
Check out our book: Alister MacKenzie's Legacy of Public Golf at Sharp Park
Make a donation, click here.
Sign up to sponsor or play in our annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Save Sharp Park
News & Events
- Save the date and sign up now for the Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park on June 3! Tuesday, March 7, 2017Mark your calendars and submit your entry form for the Sixth Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Save Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica.
- San Francisco Supervisors Vote to Move Sharp Park Plan Forward Saturday, March 4, 2017By a 9-1 vote on Tuesday, Feb. 28, the Supervisors certified a Final Environmental Report for a Sharp Park Restoration Plan that recognizes the historical significance of the 85-year old links designed by Alister MacKenzie, one of world’s most famous golf course architects.
- In Memorium: Barbara Tatum October 7, 1924 - February 4, 2017 Monday, February 13, 2017The San Francisco golf community lost a great friend and supporter.
- New Year... New Challenges. A letter from the Founders of the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance. Tuesday, January 3, 2017A look back on our progress and forward to the challenges ahead. 2016 was another very good year for San Francisco public golf and in particular for our historic Alister MacKenzie muni masterpiece at Sharp Park. 2017 will bring new challenges.
- SF Recreation & Park and Planning Commissions Approve Natural Areas Management Final Environmental Impact Report and Sharp Park Plan Thursday, December 22, 2016By a combined 11-1 vote, the San Francisco Planning and Recreation & Park Commissions approved the RECPARK Natural Areas Management Plan including a Sharp Park Restoration Plan to retain Alister MacKenzie’s historic 18-hole golf course.