Help us to Save and Restore San Francisco’s Historic Public Courses
Sharp Park, built by the legendary Alister MacKenzie, is both an historical landmark and a world golf treasure, ranked by Golfweek magazine as one of the 50 greatest municipal courses in the U.S. But it is also 84 years old – opened in 1932 – and badly in need of new drainage and irrigation systems and other renovations. What’s more, Sharp Park has for years been, and continues to be, the target of anti-golf zealots who have tried, unsuccessfully thus far, to close the course.
With heroic legal help from our friends at the Morrison Foerster law office, the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance has helped defend San Francisco against lawsuits aimed at banning golf at Sharp Park. Working with historic preservationists, environmentalists, public officials and agencies at all levels of government, we are advancing a plan to preserve affordable public golf at Sharp Park, in concert with a habitat enhancement project approved by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.
Meanwhile, on the cliffs overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge at the northwest corner of San Francisco, we are fighting to protect scenic Lincoln Park Golf Course against commercial development.
We need your help to ensure that current and future generations of golfers can enjoy San Francisco’s beautiful, historic, affordable courses. Please read through this website and join our e-mail list to get involved.
Top Ten ways you can support, contact or follow us:
Join our E-Mail List: click here to subscribe to our e-mail list!
Contact us: email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: @SFPublicGolf, #SaveSharpPark
Follow us on Google+: Save Sharp Park
Friend us on Facebook: SFPGA
Link us on Linked-In: San Francisco Public Golf Alliance, SFPGA Discussion Group
Like our pictures on Instagram: SFPGA
Check out our book: Alister MacKenzie's Legacy of Public Golf at Sharp Park
Make a donation, click here.
Sign up to sponsor or play in our annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Save Sharp Park
News & Events
- Looking Back and Moving Forward. A New Year Message from the Founders. Saturday, December 30, 2017The year in review. A look back at 2017 and forward to the year ahead as we move closer to the dream of renewing Sharp Park.
- It's Back! The Save Sharp Park Red Leather Headcover! Saturday, December 30, 2017Our collector’s item red-leather “Save Sharp Park” driver headcover is available again! Get ‘em while they’re hot and while supplies last! Proceeds go to your San Francisco Public Golf Alliance.
- Mayor Ed Lee, San Francisco City Champion Thursday, December 14, 2017“When it counted, Mayor Lee stepped up for public golf and public golfers. He knew from his own life how important golf can be to people. Public course golfers never had a better friend.”
- In Memory of Herb Lee Tuesday, November 21, 2017San Francisco’s First Chinese-American cop and long-time Sharp Park golf regular, passes on to greener fairways.
- Simply the Best: Golf Architecture at Sharp Park Wednesday, November 1, 2017“Sharp Park is more than a golf course; it is a test case for how much we care about public golf.”