Help us to Save and Restore San Francisco’s Historic Public Courses
Sharp Park, built by the legendary Alister MacKenzie, is both an historical landmark and a world golf treasure, ranked by Golfweek magazine as one of the 50 greatest municipal courses in the U.S. But it is also 84 years old – opened in 1932 – and badly in need of new drainage and irrigation systems and other renovations. What’s more, Sharp Park has for years been, and continues to be, the target of anti-golf zealots who have tried, unsuccessfully thus far, to close the course.
With heroic legal help from our friends at the Morrison Foerster law office, the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance has helped defend San Francisco against lawsuits aimed at banning golf at Sharp Park. Working with historic preservationists, environmentalists, public officials and agencies at all levels of government, we are advancing a plan to preserve affordable public golf at Sharp Park, in concert with a habitat enhancement project approved by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.
Meanwhile, on the cliffs overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge at the northwest corner of San Francisco, we are fighting to protect scenic Lincoln Park Golf Course against commercial development.
We need your help to ensure that current and future generations of golfers can enjoy San Francisco’s beautiful, historic, affordable courses. Please read through this website and join our e-mail list to get involved.
Top Ten ways you can support, contact or follow us:
Join our E-Mail List: click here to subscribe to our e-mail list!
Contact us: email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: @SFPublicGolf, #SaveSharpPark
Follow us on Google+: Save Sharp Park
Friend us on Facebook: SFPGA
Link us on Linked-In: San Francisco Public Golf Alliance
Like our pictures on Instagram: SFPGA
Check out our book: Alister MacKenzie's Legacy of Public Golf at Sharp Park
Make a donation, click here.
Sign up to sponsor or play in our annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament to Benefit Sharp Park
News & Events
- Munis Are the Soul of Golf - Some fall press selections for your reading enjoyment Sunday, October 6, 2019For your reading enjoyment, a Fall, 2019 golfing press sampler on the joy and importance of municipal golf courses to local communities, the game at large, and efforts to renovate and restore munis nationwide.
- Sign Up for the Mayor Ed Lee Legacy Golf Tournament at Crystal Springs Oct 27, 2019! Sunday, September 22, 2019The Tradition Continues! Support the charitable causes important to the late great Mayor Ed Lee by joining us for a fun day of golf.
- National Golf Press Clippings:
Sharp Park is the Top US Priority for Muni Golf Restoration Wednesday, June 26, 2019For your reading enjoyment, a quick summer sampler from the 2019 national golfing press on the importance of Muni Golf in general and Sharp Park in particular.
- On-Line Bidding For The Silent Auction Is Now Closed. Thanks To All Who Participated. Tuesday, May 28, 2019The Silent Auction for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Benefit Tournament was concluded on June 8. All auction proceeds will go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on Sunday, June 9! Monday, April 29, 2019The Sharp Park Business Women's Golf Club and San Francisco Mayor's Women's Golf Council invite you to celebrate Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on June 9.