Help us to Save and Restore San Francisco’s Historic Public Courses
Sharp Park, built by the legendary Alister MacKenzie, is both an historical landmark and a world golf treasure, ranked by Golfweek magazine as one of the 50 greatest municipal courses in the U.S. But it is also 84 years old – opened in 1932 – and badly in need of new drainage and irrigation systems and other renovations. What’s more, Sharp Park has for years been, and continues to be, the target of anti-golf zealots who have tried, unsuccessfully thus far, to close the course.
With heroic legal help from our friends at the Morrison Foerster law office, the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance has helped defend San Francisco against lawsuits aimed at banning golf at Sharp Park. Working with historic preservationists, environmentalists, public officials and agencies at all levels of government, we are advancing a plan to preserve affordable public golf at Sharp Park, in concert with a habitat enhancement project approved by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.
Meanwhile, on the cliffs overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge at the northwest corner of San Francisco, we are fighting to protect scenic Lincoln Park Golf Course against commercial development.
We need your help to ensure that current and future generations of golfers can enjoy San Francisco’s beautiful, historic, affordable courses. Please read through this website and join our e-mail list to get involved.
Top Ten ways you can support, contact or follow us:
Join our E-Mail List: click here to subscribe to our e-mail list!
Contact us: email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: @SFPublicGolf, #SaveSharpPark
Follow us on Google+: Save Sharp Park
Friend us on Facebook: SFPGA
Link us on Linked-In: San Francisco Public Golf Alliance, SFPGA Discussion Group
Like our pictures on Instagram: SFPGA
Check out our book: Alister MacKenzie's Legacy of Public Golf at Sharp Park
Make a donation, click here.
Sign up to sponsor or play in our annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Save Sharp Park
News & Events
- High Drama at the 6th Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 31, 2017150 golfers turned-out to celebrate the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance’s Sixth Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save and Preserve Sharp Park. We enjoyed fog in the morning, sun and wind in the afternoon, an exciting finish, and Dr. MacKenzie’s beautiful seaside links all day long.
- In Memory of Sandy Tatum Saturday, June 24, 2017His friends remember. The golf world remembers. San Francisco remembers. Public golfers remember.
- On-line bidding for the silent auction is now closed. Thanks to all who participated. Wednesday, May 24, 2017On-Line bidding ended May 31, 2017. Join us at the Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park on June 3 for final in-person bids on great courses and Golden State Warriors collectibles!
- Saving Sharp Park - The Press And The Big Picture Sunday, April 2, 2017The press and social media consider the big picture - the importance and meaning of our fight to save and preserve Sharp Park.
- Sign up now for the Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park - June 3! Tuesday, March 7, 2017Download and submit your entry form for the Sixth Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Save Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica. All proceeds go to supporting the effort to preserve and protect our muni golf gem.