Location: --- 2100 Sunnydale Ave, San Francisco, CA 94134 at McLaren Park
Opened: --- 1962
Architect: --- Jack Fleming
Par/Yardage: --- 36 / 2930 (9 holes)
Greens Fees :--- $20.00 - $35.50
Opened for play in 1962, Gleneagles is the City’s youngest course. The course was designed by Jack Fleming, who also served on Dr. Alister Mackenzie’s team that created Cypress Point. Gleneagles is located in southeast San Francisco in a corner of McLaren Park (which is named for John McLaren, the man who created Golden Gate Park).
The course is home to an eclectic mix of players who love the grit and grind of the hilly nine-hole layout. Aptly dubbed “the toughest nine holes in America,” Gleneagles will test anyone’s game. The course plays to par of 36, twisting and turning over 2,930 yards. The sixth hole, a five par that doglegs for over 575 yards, is easily one of the hardest long holes in Northern California. The course has an alternate set of tee markers, so players can play two loops and have a spirited 18-hole round on a challenging course that features a combined yardage of 5,860.
The Gleneagles experience does not end with the last putt, for the clubhouse and its quaint pub provide their own special brand of energy.
News & Events
- High Drama at the 6th Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 31, 2017150 golfers turned-out to celebrate the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance’s Sixth Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save and Preserve Sharp Park. We enjoyed fog in the morning, sun and wind in the afternoon, an exciting finish, and Dr. MacKenzie’s beautiful seaside links all day long.
- In Memory of Sandy Tatum Saturday, June 24, 2017His friends remember. The golf world remembers. San Francisco remembers. Public golfers remember.
- On-line bidding for the silent auction is now closed. Thanks to all who participated. Wednesday, May 24, 2017On-Line bidding ended May 31, 2017. Join us at the Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park on June 3 for final in-person bids on great courses and Golden State Warriors collectibles!
- Saving Sharp Park - The Press And The Big Picture Sunday, April 2, 2017The press and social media consider the big picture - the importance and meaning of our fight to save and preserve Sharp Park.
- Sign up now for the Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park - June 3! Tuesday, March 7, 2017Download and submit your entry form for the Sixth Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Save Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica. All proceeds go to supporting the effort to preserve and protect our muni golf gem.