Location: --- 2100 Sunnydale Ave, San Francisco, CA 94134 at McLaren Park
Opened: --- 1962
Architect: --- Jack Fleming
Par/Yardage: --- 36 / 2930 (9 holes)
Greens Fees :--- $20.00 - $35.50
Opened for play in 1962, Gleneagles is the City’s youngest course. The course was designed by Jack Fleming, who also served on Dr. Alister Mackenzie’s team that created Cypress Point. Gleneagles is located in southeast San Francisco in a corner of McLaren Park (which is named for John McLaren, the man who created Golden Gate Park).
The course is home to an eclectic mix of players who love the grit and grind of the hilly nine-hole layout. Aptly dubbed “the toughest nine holes in America,” Gleneagles will test anyone’s game. The course plays to par of 36, twisting and turning over 2,930 yards. The sixth hole, a five par that doglegs for over 575 yards, is easily one of the hardest long holes in Northern California. The course has an alternate set of tee markers, so players can play two loops and have a spirited 18-hole round on a challenging course that features a combined yardage of 5,860.
The Gleneagles experience does not end with the last putt, for the clubhouse and its quaint pub provide their own special brand of energy.
News & Events
- Sign Up For The Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament To Preserve Sharp Park - June 8! Wednesday, January 23, 2019Download and submit your entry form for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course. Join us for a day of golf, good times, and fundraising. This tournament is our primary fund-raising event to preserve the Mackenzie vision at Sharp Park for future generations.
- Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on Sunday, June 9! Monday, April 29, 2019The Sharp Park Business Women's Golf Club and San Francisco Mayor's Women's Golf Council invite you to celebrate Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on June 9.
- Lake Merced Hosts LPGA Mediheal Championship April 29 - May 5 Monday, April 8, 2019Don’t Miss 144 of the World’s Best LPGA Golfers competing for a $1.8 million dollar purse at the historic Lake Merced Golf Club.
- The MacKenzie Public Golf Vision - A New Year Message from the Founders Friday, January 4, 2019The words, work and vision of Alister MacKenzie were our inspiration when we founded the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance. Preserving and restoring his vision at Sharp Park will guide our efforts in 2019 and beyond.
- Recap: Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 23, 2018The course was beautiful as always. The greens were as good as they have been in years. Some days, Sharp Park can just overwhelm you with its combination of beauty, history, art, recreation, and community. This was one of those days.