Location: --- 2100 Sunnydale Ave, San Francisco, CA 94134 at McLaren Park
Opened: --- 1962
Architect: --- Jack Fleming
Par/Yardage: --- 36 / 2930 (9 holes)
Greens Fees :--- $20.00 - $35.50
Opened for play in 1962, Gleneagles is the City’s youngest course. The course was designed by Jack Fleming, who also served on Dr. Alister Mackenzie’s team that created Cypress Point. Gleneagles is located in southeast San Francisco in a corner of McLaren Park (which is named for John McLaren, the man who created Golden Gate Park).
The course is home to an eclectic mix of players who love the grit and grind of the hilly nine-hole layout. Aptly dubbed “the toughest nine holes in America,” Gleneagles will test anyone’s game. The course plays to par of 36, twisting and turning over 2,930 yards. The sixth hole, a five par that doglegs for over 575 yards, is easily one of the hardest long holes in Northern California. The course has an alternate set of tee markers, so players can play two loops and have a spirited 18-hole round on a challenging course that features a combined yardage of 5,860.
The Gleneagles experience does not end with the last putt, for the clubhouse and its quaint pub provide their own special brand of energy.
News & Events
- The 2018 Online Silent Auction Is Now Open! Thursday, May 17, 2018The Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament is on Saturday, May 26, but on-line bidding for the silent auction is open now! Bid on fantastic courses and golf adventures including Bandon Dunes, Friar's Head and Royal Dornoch. All auction proceeds go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Election Day June 5. Don't forget to vote! Sunday, May 13, 2018On June 5 San Francisco voters will select a new mayor to replace the late Ed Lee. Your vote matters.
The San Francisco Public Golf Alliance Endorses Prop 68 to protect our water, parks, and natural resources.
- Sign up for the Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park - May 26! Monday, January 22, 2018Download and submit your entry form for the Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica. All proceeds go to supporting the effort to preserve and protect our muni golf gem.
- Looking Back and Moving Forward. A New Year Message from the Founders. Saturday, December 30, 2017The year in review. A look back at 2017 and forward to the year ahead as we move closer to the dream of renewing Sharp Park.
- It's Back! The Save Sharp Park Red Leather Headcover! Saturday, December 30, 2017Our collector’s item red-leather “Save Sharp Park” driver headcover is available again! Get ‘em while they’re hot and while supplies last! Proceeds go to your San Francisco Public Golf Alliance.