Location: West End of Golden Gate Park, 970 47th Avenue San Francisco, CA 94121
Opened: --- 1951
Architect: --- Jack Fleming
Par/Yardage: --- 27
Greens Fees :--- $13 - $21 (9 holes)
The short course in Golden Gate Park, which opened for play in 1951, is a haven for beginners, seniors, and any golfer looking for nine holes of pure delight. Designed by Jack Fleming, the course consists entirely of three-par holes and offers a variety of interesting shots. The undulating terrain will require virtually every iron in the bag--and a few longer clubs for some players! The park surrounding the golf course gives this layout a distinct ambiance and a special flavor. The atmosphere is casual and friendly, but there are many competitive games to be found once a tee is put into the ground.
A non-profit entity affiliated with the First Tee of San Francisco took over operation of the course in 2014, and one of the first improvements has been the installation of new tees. This is a golf experience well worth exploring, especially for those new to the game.
News & Events
- Sign Up For The Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament To Preserve Sharp Park - June 8! Wednesday, January 23, 2019Download and submit your entry form for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course. Join us for a day of golf, good times, and fundraising. This tournament is our primary fund-raising event to preserve the Mackenzie vision at Sharp Park for future generations.
- Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on Sunday, June 9! Monday, April 29, 2019The Sharp Park Business Women's Golf Club and San Francisco Mayor's Women's Golf Council invite you to celebrate Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on June 9.
- Lake Merced Hosts LPGA Mediheal Championship April 29 - May 5 Monday, April 8, 2019Don’t Miss 144 of the World’s Best LPGA Golfers competing for a $1.8 million dollar purse at the historic Lake Merced Golf Club.
- The MacKenzie Public Golf Vision - A New Year Message from the Founders Friday, January 4, 2019The words, work and vision of Alister MacKenzie were our inspiration when we founded the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance. Preserving and restoring his vision at Sharp Park will guide our efforts in 2019 and beyond.
- Recap: Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 23, 2018The course was beautiful as always. The greens were as good as they have been in years. Some days, Sharp Park can just overwhelm you with its combination of beauty, history, art, recreation, and community. This was one of those days.