Location: West End of Golden Gate Park, 970 47th Avenue San Francisco, CA 94121
Opened: --- 1951
Architect: --- Jack Fleming
Par/Yardage: --- 27
Greens Fees :--- $13 - $21 (9 holes)
The short course in Golden Gate Park, which opened for play in 1951, is a haven for beginners, seniors, and any golfer looking for nine holes of pure delight. Designed by Jack Fleming, the course consists entirely of three-par holes and offers a variety of interesting shots. The undulating terrain will require virtually every iron in the bag--and a few longer clubs for some players! The park surrounding the golf course gives this layout a distinct ambiance and a special flavor. The atmosphere is casual and friendly, but there are many competitive games to be found once a tee is put into the ground.
A non-profit entity affiliated with the First Tee of San Francisco took over operation of the course in 2014, and one of the first improvements has been the installation of new tees. This is a golf experience well worth exploring, especially for those new to the game.
News & Events
- Recap: Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 23, 2018The course was beautiful as always. The greens were as good as they have been in years. Some days, Sharp Park can just overwhelm you with its combination of beauty, history, art, recreation, and community. This was one of those days.
- Sharparkology 101: A lecture at the Pacifica Historical Society Monday, June 25, 2018SFPGA President "Professor" Richard Harris discusses the origins of golf in Scotland, its early history in America, the central place held by Alister MacKenzie in the history and practice of world golf architecture, and the artistry of his work at Sharp Park.
- UPDATE: The 2018 Online Silent Auction Concluded.
Congratulations to the winning bidders. Thursday, May 17, 2018The Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament is on Saturday, May 26, but on-line bidding for the silent auction is open now! Bid on fantastic courses and golf adventures including Bandon Dunes, Friar's Head and Royal Dornoch. All auction proceeds go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Election Day June 5. Don't forget to vote! Sunday, May 13, 2018On June 5 San Francisco voters will select a new mayor to replace the late Ed Lee. Your vote matters.
The San Francisco Public Golf Alliance Endorses Prop 68 to protect our water, parks, and natural resources.
- Sign up for the Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park - May 26! Monday, January 22, 2018Download and submit your entry form for the Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica. All proceeds go to supporting the effort to preserve and protect our muni golf gem.