Location: West End of Golden Gate Park, 970 47th Avenue San Francisco, CA 94121
Opened: --- 1951
Architect: --- Jack Fleming
Par/Yardage: --- 27
Greens Fees :--- $13 - $21 (9 holes)
The short course in Golden Gate Park, which opened for play in 1951, is a haven for beginners, seniors, and any golfer looking for nine holes of pure delight. Designed by Jack Fleming, the course consists entirely of three-par holes and offers a variety of interesting shots. The undulating terrain will require virtually every iron in the bag--and a few longer clubs for some players! The park surrounding the golf course gives this layout a distinct ambiance and a special flavor. The atmosphere is casual and friendly, but there are many competitive games to be found once a tee is put into the ground.
A non-profit entity affiliated with the First Tee of San Francisco took over operation of the course in 2014, and one of the first improvements has been the installation of new tees. This is a golf experience well worth exploring, especially for those new to the game.
News & Events
- High Drama at the 6th Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 31, 2017150 golfers turned-out to celebrate the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance’s Sixth Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save and Preserve Sharp Park. We enjoyed fog in the morning, sun and wind in the afternoon, an exciting finish, and Dr. MacKenzie’s beautiful seaside links all day long.
- In Memory of Sandy Tatum Saturday, June 24, 2017His friends remember. The golf world remembers. San Francisco remembers. Public golfers remember.
- On-line bidding for the silent auction is now closed. Thanks to all who participated. Wednesday, May 24, 2017On-Line bidding ended May 31, 2017. Join us at the Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park on June 3 for final in-person bids on great courses and Golden State Warriors collectibles!
- Saving Sharp Park - The Press And The Big Picture Sunday, April 2, 2017The press and social media consider the big picture - the importance and meaning of our fight to save and preserve Sharp Park.
- Sign up now for the Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park - June 3! Tuesday, March 7, 2017Download and submit your entry form for the Sixth Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Save Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica. All proceeds go to supporting the effort to preserve and protect our muni golf gem.