Location: West End of Golden Gate Park, 970 47th Avenue San Francisco, CA 94121
Opened: --- 1951
Architect: --- Jack Fleming
Par/Yardage: --- 27
Greens Fees :--- $13 - $21 (9 holes)
The short course in Golden Gate Park, which opened for play in 1951, is a haven for beginners, seniors, and any golfer looking for nine holes of pure delight. Designed by Jack Fleming, the course consists entirely of three-par holes and offers a variety of interesting shots. The undulating terrain will require virtually every iron in the bag--and a few longer clubs for some players! The park surrounding the golf course gives this layout a distinct ambiance and a special flavor. The atmosphere is casual and friendly, but there are many competitive games to be found once a tee is put into the ground.
A non-profit entity affiliated with the First Tee of San Francisco took over operation of the course in 2014, and one of the first improvements has been the installation of new tees. This is a golf experience well worth exploring, especially for those new to the game.
News & Events
- New Year... New Challenges. A letter from the Founders of the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance. Tuesday, January 3, 2017A look back on our progress and forward to the challenges ahead. 2016 was another very good year for San Francisco public golf and in particular for our historic Alister MacKenzie muni masterpiece at Sharp Park. 2017 will bring new challenges.
- In Memorium: Barbara Tatum October 7, 1924 - February 4, 2017 Monday, February 13, 2017The San Francisco golf community lost a great friend and supporter.
- SF Recreation & Park and Planning Commissions Approve Natural Areas Management Final Environmental Impact Report and Sharp Park Plan Thursday, December 22, 2016By a combined 11-1 vote, the San Francisco Planning and Recreation & Park Commissions approved the RECPARK Natural Areas Management Plan including a Sharp Park Restoration Plan to retain Alister MacKenzie’s historic 18-hole golf course.
- Community Unites to Save Sharp Park at 5th Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament Monday, June 13, 2016To the Players, Sponsors, Donors, Volunteers, and other friends of the 2016 Alister MacKenzie Tournament: Thank you for helping to Save Sharp Park!
- UPDATE: Silent Auction to Save Sharp Park Ended!
Thanks to all who contributed! Tuesday, May 31, 2016The benefit auction to Save Sharp Park featured some great golf courses.