Our goal is to nurture and defend affordable, eco-friendly public golf in San Francisco for future generations, by encouraging public golf throughout all segments of the community, and by caring for San Francisco's heritage public golf courses.
Our purpose is to research and educate the community about the benefits of public golf and public golf courses. We collect, analyze and provide historical, cultural, recreational, financial and community data about these courses to the public, media and key decision makers.
Our priority is to work with preservationists, environmentalists, golfers, governmental agencies, and community leaders in San Francisco, Pacifica, and San Mateo County to save the Alister MacKenzie golf shrine of Sharp Park, and scenic Lincoln Park. Our plan includes commitments to preserve affordable public golf, engage the community, and preserve the environment .
Our motivation is the historical legacy and community joy inextricably bound to these courses and in this game.
Please read this motivational letter from our Honorary Chairman in Perpetuity - Ken Venturi, the 1964 U.S. Open Champion who grew up playing SF muni courses, and find out more about how you can help the Alliance.
News & Events
- Sharparkology 101: A lecture at the Pacifica Historical Society Monday, June 25, 2018SFPGA President "Professor" Richard Harris discusses the origins of golf in Scotland, its early history in America, the central place held by Alister MacKenzie in the history and practice of world golf architecture, and the artistry of his work at Sharp Park.
- UPDATE: The 2018 Online Silent Auction Concluded.
Congratulations to the winning bidders. Thursday, May 17, 2018The Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament is on Saturday, May 26, but on-line bidding for the silent auction is open now! Bid on fantastic courses and golf adventures including Bandon Dunes, Friar's Head and Royal Dornoch. All auction proceeds go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Election Day June 5. Don't forget to vote! Sunday, May 13, 2018On June 5 San Francisco voters will select a new mayor to replace the late Ed Lee. Your vote matters.
The San Francisco Public Golf Alliance Endorses Prop 68 to protect our water, parks, and natural resources.
- Sign up for the Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park - May 26! Monday, January 22, 2018Download and submit your entry form for the Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica. All proceeds go to supporting the effort to preserve and protect our muni golf gem.
- Looking Back and Moving Forward. A New Year Message from the Founders. Saturday, December 30, 2017The year in review. A look back at 2017 and forward to the year ahead as we move closer to the dream of renewing Sharp Park.