Our goal is to nurture and defend affordable, eco-friendly public golf in San Francisco for future generations, by encouraging public golf throughout all segments of the community, and by caring for San Francisco's heritage public golf courses.
Our purpose is to research and educate the community about the benefits of public golf and public golf courses. We collect, analyze and provide historical, cultural, recreational, financial and community data about these courses to the public, media and key decision makers.
Our priority is to work with preservationists, environmentalists, golfers, governmental agencies, and community leaders in San Francisco, Pacifica, and San Mateo County to save the Alister MacKenzie golf shrine of Sharp Park, and scenic Lincoln Park. Our plan includes commitments to preserve affordable public golf, engage the community, and preserve the environment .
Our motivation is the historical legacy and community joy inextricably bound to these courses and in this game.
Please read this motivational letter from our Honorary Chairman in Perpetuity - Ken Venturi, the 1964 U.S. Open Champion who grew up playing SF muni courses, and find out more about how you can help the Alliance.
News & Events
- High Drama at the 6th Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 31, 2017150 golfers turned-out to celebrate the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance’s Sixth Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save and Preserve Sharp Park. We enjoyed fog in the morning, sun and wind in the afternoon, an exciting finish, and Dr. MacKenzie’s beautiful seaside links all day long.
- In Memory of Sandy Tatum Saturday, June 24, 2017His friends remember. The golf world remembers. San Francisco remembers. Public golfers remember.
- On-line bidding for the silent auction is now closed. Thanks to all who participated. Wednesday, May 24, 2017On-Line bidding ended May 31, 2017. Join us at the Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park on June 3 for final in-person bids on great courses and Golden State Warriors collectibles!
- Saving Sharp Park - The Press And The Big Picture Sunday, April 2, 2017The press and social media consider the big picture - the importance and meaning of our fight to save and preserve Sharp Park.
- Sign up now for the Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park - June 3! Tuesday, March 7, 2017Download and submit your entry form for the Sixth Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Save Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica. All proceeds go to supporting the effort to preserve and protect our muni golf gem.