December 3rd hearing postponed!
There will be no need for you to attend in person the SF Supervisors' Land Use Committee public meeting Monday, Dec. 3 at City Hall. The anti-golf Olague Resolution remains on the Dec. 3 Agenda
(Item #7). But the Agenda also says it's the Committee Chairman's intent to seek a continuation of the hearing to an unspecified future date.
So we suggest that you Reduce Your Carbon Footprint, Stay Home, and save your gas and your public meeting energy for the next round, whenever that may come. (We will notify you.) Take the saved time to read a good book, do the Holiday shopping, or practice your short game.
We here at Public Golf Alliance Central will cover the Dec. 3 meeting, and convey Golf Alliance members' opposition to the Olague Resolution.
News & Events
- Recap: Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 23, 2018The course was beautiful as always. The greens were as good as they have been in years. Some days, Sharp Park can just overwhelm you with its combination of beauty, history, art, recreation, and community. This was one of those days.
- Sharparkology 101: A lecture at the Pacifica Historical Society Monday, June 25, 2018SFPGA President "Professor" Richard Harris discusses the origins of golf in Scotland, its early history in America, the central place held by Alister MacKenzie in the history and practice of world golf architecture, and the artistry of his work at Sharp Park.
- UPDATE: The 2018 Online Silent Auction Concluded.
Congratulations to the winning bidders. Thursday, May 17, 2018The Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament is on Saturday, May 26, but on-line bidding for the silent auction is open now! Bid on fantastic courses and golf adventures including Bandon Dunes, Friar's Head and Royal Dornoch. All auction proceeds go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Election Day June 5. Don't forget to vote! Sunday, May 13, 2018On June 5 San Francisco voters will select a new mayor to replace the late Ed Lee. Your vote matters.
The San Francisco Public Golf Alliance Endorses Prop 68 to protect our water, parks, and natural resources.
- Sign up for the Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park - May 26! Monday, January 22, 2018Download and submit your entry form for the Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica. All proceeds go to supporting the effort to preserve and protect our muni golf gem.