December 3rd hearing postponed!
There will be no need for you to attend in person the SF Supervisors' Land Use Committee public meeting Monday, Dec. 3 at City Hall. The anti-golf Olague Resolution remains on the Dec. 3 Agenda
(Item #7). But the Agenda also says it's the Committee Chairman's intent to seek a continuation of the hearing to an unspecified future date.
So we suggest that you Reduce Your Carbon Footprint, Stay Home, and save your gas and your public meeting energy for the next round, whenever that may come. (We will notify you.) Take the saved time to read a good book, do the Holiday shopping, or practice your short game.
We here at Public Golf Alliance Central will cover the Dec. 3 meeting, and convey Golf Alliance members' opposition to the Olague Resolution.
News & Events
- On-Line Bidding For The Silent Auction Is Now Closed. Thanks To All Who Participated. Tuesday, May 28, 2019The Silent Auction for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Benefit Tournament was concluded on June 8. All auction proceeds will go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on Sunday, June 9! Monday, April 29, 2019The Sharp Park Business Women's Golf Club and San Francisco Mayor's Women's Golf Council invite you to celebrate Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on June 9.
- Lake Merced Hosts LPGA Mediheal Championship April 29 - May 5 Monday, April 8, 2019Don’t Miss 144 of the World’s Best LPGA Golfers competing for a $1.8 million dollar purse at the historic Lake Merced Golf Club.
- Sign Up For The Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament To Preserve Sharp Park - June 8! Wednesday, January 23, 2019Download and submit your entry form for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course. Join us for a day of golf, good times, and fundraising. This tournament is our primary fund-raising event to preserve the Mackenzie vision at Sharp Park for future generations.
- The MacKenzie Public Golf Vision - A New Year Message from the Founders Friday, January 4, 2019The words, work and vision of Alister MacKenzie were our inspiration when we founded the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance. Preserving and restoring his vision at Sharp Park will guide our efforts in 2019 and beyond.