December 3rd hearing postponed!
There will be no need for you to attend in person the SF Supervisors' Land Use Committee public meeting Monday, Dec. 3 at City Hall. The anti-golf Olague Resolution remains on the Dec. 3 Agenda
(Item #7). But the Agenda also says it's the Committee Chairman's intent to seek a continuation of the hearing to an unspecified future date.
So we suggest that you Reduce Your Carbon Footprint, Stay Home, and save your gas and your public meeting energy for the next round, whenever that may come. (We will notify you.) Take the saved time to read a good book, do the Holiday shopping, or practice your short game.
We here at Public Golf Alliance Central will cover the Dec. 3 meeting, and convey Golf Alliance members' opposition to the Olague Resolution.
News & Events
- Munis Are the Soul of Golf - Some fall press selections for your reading enjoyment Sunday, October 6, 2019For your reading enjoyment, a Fall, 2019 golfing press sampler on the joy and importance of municipal golf courses to local communities, the game at large, and efforts to renovate and restore munis nationwide.
- Sign Up for the Mayor Ed Lee Legacy Golf Tournament at Crystal Springs Oct 27, 2019! Sunday, September 22, 2019The Tradition Continues! Support the charitable causes important to the late great Mayor Ed Lee by joining us for a fun day of golf.
- National Golf Press Clippings:
Sharp Park is the Top US Priority for Muni Golf Restoration Wednesday, June 26, 2019For your reading enjoyment, a quick summer sampler from the 2019 national golfing press on the importance of Muni Golf in general and Sharp Park in particular.
- On-Line Bidding For The Silent Auction Is Now Closed. Thanks To All Who Participated. Tuesday, May 28, 2019The Silent Auction for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Benefit Tournament was concluded on June 8. All auction proceeds will go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on Sunday, June 9! Monday, April 29, 2019The Sharp Park Business Women's Golf Club and San Francisco Mayor's Women's Golf Council invite you to celebrate Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on June 9.