Golfers Win Two More Rounds
The San Francisco Planning Commission on January 16, 2014 held a well-attended public hearing, and then voted unanimously to approve a Mitigated Negative Declaration -- a planning document outlining the environmental effects and mitigations -- for the Sharp Park Safety, Infrastructure Improvement, and Habitat Enhancement Project. The project includes dredging cattails from Horse Stable Pond and the channel in front of the 12th and 13th tees at the golf course, the construction of a 'frog spa' south of Horse Stable Pond, and replacement of a 60-yard section of cart path north of the 15th tee. Opponents of the golf course promised to appeal the Planning Commission's decision to the Board of Supervisors. See the report of the Planning Commission's action in the SF Chronicle >
The San Francisco Recreation and Park Commission, following its own public hearing on January 23, 2014, also unanimously approved moving forward with the Project.
Thanks to San Francisco Public Golf Alliance members who turned-out and spoke at both public hearings. Your voice is important.
News & Events
- Recap: Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 23, 2018The course was beautiful as always. The greens were as good as they have been in years. Some days, Sharp Park can just overwhelm you with its combination of beauty, history, art, recreation, and community. This was one of those days.
- Sharparkology 101: A lecture at the Pacifica Historical Society Monday, June 25, 2018SFPGA President "Professor" Richard Harris discusses the origins of golf in Scotland, its early history in America, the central place held by Alister MacKenzie in the history and practice of world golf architecture, and the artistry of his work at Sharp Park.
- UPDATE: The 2018 Online Silent Auction Concluded.
Congratulations to the winning bidders. Thursday, May 17, 2018The Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament is on Saturday, May 26, but on-line bidding for the silent auction is open now! Bid on fantastic courses and golf adventures including Bandon Dunes, Friar's Head and Royal Dornoch. All auction proceeds go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Election Day June 5. Don't forget to vote! Sunday, May 13, 2018On June 5 San Francisco voters will select a new mayor to replace the late Ed Lee. Your vote matters.
The San Francisco Public Golf Alliance Endorses Prop 68 to protect our water, parks, and natural resources.
- Sign up for the Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park - May 26! Monday, January 22, 2018Download and submit your entry form for the Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica. All proceeds go to supporting the effort to preserve and protect our muni golf gem.