Golfers Win Two More Rounds
The San Francisco Planning Commission on January 16, 2014 held a well-attended public hearing, and then voted unanimously to approve a Mitigated Negative Declaration -- a planning document outlining the environmental effects and mitigations -- for the Sharp Park Safety, Infrastructure Improvement, and Habitat Enhancement Project. The project includes dredging cattails from Horse Stable Pond and the channel in front of the 12th and 13th tees at the golf course, the construction of a 'frog spa' south of Horse Stable Pond, and replacement of a 60-yard section of cart path north of the 15th tee. Opponents of the golf course promised to appeal the Planning Commission's decision to the Board of Supervisors. See the report of the Planning Commission's action in the SF Chronicle >
The San Francisco Recreation and Park Commission, following its own public hearing on January 23, 2014, also unanimously approved moving forward with the Project.
Thanks to San Francisco Public Golf Alliance members who turned-out and spoke at both public hearings. Your voice is important.
News & Events
- On-Line Bidding For The Silent Auction Is Now Closed. Thanks To All Who Participated. Tuesday, May 28, 2019The Silent Auction for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Benefit Tournament was concluded on June 8. All auction proceeds will go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on Sunday, June 9! Monday, April 29, 2019The Sharp Park Business Women's Golf Club and San Francisco Mayor's Women's Golf Council invite you to celebrate Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on June 9.
- Lake Merced Hosts LPGA Mediheal Championship April 29 - May 5 Monday, April 8, 2019Don’t Miss 144 of the World’s Best LPGA Golfers competing for a $1.8 million dollar purse at the historic Lake Merced Golf Club.
- Sign Up For The Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament To Preserve Sharp Park - June 8! Wednesday, January 23, 2019Download and submit your entry form for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course. Join us for a day of golf, good times, and fundraising. This tournament is our primary fund-raising event to preserve the Mackenzie vision at Sharp Park for future generations.
- The MacKenzie Public Golf Vision - A New Year Message from the Founders Friday, January 4, 2019The words, work and vision of Alister MacKenzie were our inspiration when we founded the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance. Preserving and restoring his vision at Sharp Park will guide our efforts in 2019 and beyond.