Golfers Win Two More Rounds
The San Francisco Planning Commission on January 16, 2014 held a well-attended public hearing, and then voted unanimously to approve a Mitigated Negative Declaration -- a planning document outlining the environmental effects and mitigations -- for the Sharp Park Safety, Infrastructure Improvement, and Habitat Enhancement Project. The project includes dredging cattails from Horse Stable Pond and the channel in front of the 12th and 13th tees at the golf course, the construction of a 'frog spa' south of Horse Stable Pond, and replacement of a 60-yard section of cart path north of the 15th tee. Opponents of the golf course promised to appeal the Planning Commission's decision to the Board of Supervisors. See the report of the Planning Commission's action in the SF Chronicle >
The San Francisco Recreation and Park Commission, following its own public hearing on January 23, 2014, also unanimously approved moving forward with the Project.
Thanks to San Francisco Public Golf Alliance members who turned-out and spoke at both public hearings. Your voice is important.
News & Events
- Munis Are the Soul of Golf - Some fall press selections for your reading enjoyment Sunday, October 6, 2019For your reading enjoyment, a Fall, 2019 golfing press sampler on the joy and importance of municipal golf courses to local communities, the game at large, and efforts to renovate and restore munis nationwide.
- Sign Up for the Mayor Ed Lee Legacy Golf Tournament at Crystal Springs Oct 27, 2019! Sunday, September 22, 2019The Tradition Continues! Support the charitable causes important to the late great Mayor Ed Lee by joining us for a fun day of golf.
- National Golf Press Clippings:
Sharp Park is the Top US Priority for Muni Golf Restoration Wednesday, June 26, 2019For your reading enjoyment, a quick summer sampler from the 2019 national golfing press on the importance of Muni Golf in general and Sharp Park in particular.
- On-Line Bidding For The Silent Auction Is Now Closed. Thanks To All Who Participated. Tuesday, May 28, 2019The Silent Auction for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Benefit Tournament was concluded on June 8. All auction proceeds will go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on Sunday, June 9! Monday, April 29, 2019The Sharp Park Business Women's Golf Club and San Francisco Mayor's Women's Golf Council invite you to celebrate Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on June 9.