May 19 Tournament and Festivities to Celebrate 80 Year Anniversary of Sharp Park!
Alister MacKenzie's Sharp Park Golf Course opened for play 80 years ago -- in Spring, 1932. Help us Celebrate with a Golf Tournament and Festivities on Saturday, May 19, 2012.
We are celebrating the 80th Anniversary of Sharp Park Golf Course and we would like you to join us.
Join the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance, the Sharp Park Golf Club, the Sharp Park Business Women's Golf Club and the Pacifica Chamber of Commerce for a tournament and festivities at Sharp Park on Saturday, May 19, 2012.
Organize your own foursomes (or send in individual entries if you can't get a foursome together), and get your entry forms in right away.
Saturday, May 19, 2012
Golf Tournament: 2-best-balls, net, 11:30am sign-in; 12:30pm shotgun.
Festivities begin at 5:30pm include auction, raffle, hors d'oeuvres, surprise guests and much more.
$150 donation for the Tournament and Festivities
$ 50 donation for post-golf Festivities only
Proceeds go to support the legal fight to Save Sharp Park Golf Course.
There are two signup forms:
- To download the signup form for the Tournament and Festivities, click here.
- To download the signup form for the Festivities *only*, click here.
Please print and fill out the appropriate form and mail it to the address listed on the top of the form. You will need Adobe Reader (free software) to open/print the forms. If you don't have Adobe Reader, you can get it by clicking here.
We hope to see you there!
Sign-Up To Sponsor
Can you be an Event Sponsor, or a Hole Sponsor?
To download the Sponsorship sign-up form, click here
News & Events
- Recap: Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 23, 2018The course was beautiful as always. The greens were as good as they have been in years. Some days, Sharp Park can just overwhelm you with its combination of beauty, history, art, recreation, and community. This was one of those days.
- Sharparkology 101: A lecture at the Pacifica Historical Society Monday, June 25, 2018SFPGA President "Professor" Richard Harris discusses the origins of golf in Scotland, its early history in America, the central place held by Alister MacKenzie in the history and practice of world golf architecture, and the artistry of his work at Sharp Park.
- UPDATE: The 2018 Online Silent Auction Concluded.
Congratulations to the winning bidders. Thursday, May 17, 2018The Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament is on Saturday, May 26, but on-line bidding for the silent auction is open now! Bid on fantastic courses and golf adventures including Bandon Dunes, Friar's Head and Royal Dornoch. All auction proceeds go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Election Day June 5. Don't forget to vote! Sunday, May 13, 2018On June 5 San Francisco voters will select a new mayor to replace the late Ed Lee. Your vote matters.
The San Francisco Public Golf Alliance Endorses Prop 68 to protect our water, parks, and natural resources.
- Sign up for the Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park - May 26! Monday, January 22, 2018Download and submit your entry form for the Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica. All proceeds go to supporting the effort to preserve and protect our muni golf gem.