May 19 Tournament and Festivities to Celebrate 80 Year Anniversary of Sharp Park!
Alister MacKenzie's Sharp Park Golf Course opened for play 80 years ago -- in Spring, 1932. Help us Celebrate with a Golf Tournament and Festivities on Saturday, May 19, 2012.
We are celebrating the 80th Anniversary of Sharp Park Golf Course and we would like you to join us.
Join the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance, the Sharp Park Golf Club, the Sharp Park Business Women's Golf Club and the Pacifica Chamber of Commerce for a tournament and festivities at Sharp Park on Saturday, May 19, 2012.
Organize your own foursomes (or send in individual entries if you can't get a foursome together), and get your entry forms in right away.
Saturday, May 19, 2012
Golf Tournament: 2-best-balls, net, 11:30am sign-in; 12:30pm shotgun.
Festivities begin at 5:30pm include auction, raffle, hors d'oeuvres, surprise guests and much more.
$150 donation for the Tournament and Festivities
$ 50 donation for post-golf Festivities only
Proceeds go to support the legal fight to Save Sharp Park Golf Course.
There are two signup forms:
- To download the signup form for the Tournament and Festivities, click here.
- To download the signup form for the Festivities *only*, click here.
Please print and fill out the appropriate form and mail it to the address listed on the top of the form. You will need Adobe Reader (free software) to open/print the forms. If you don't have Adobe Reader, you can get it by clicking here.
We hope to see you there!
Sign-Up To Sponsor
Can you be an Event Sponsor, or a Hole Sponsor?
To download the Sponsorship sign-up form, click here
News & Events
- Sign Up For The Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament To Preserve Sharp Park - June 8! Wednesday, January 23, 2019Download and submit your entry form for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course. Join us for a day of golf, good times, and fundraising. This tournament is our primary fund-raising event to preserve the Mackenzie vision at Sharp Park for future generations.
- Lake Merced Hosts LPGA Mediheal Championship April 29 - May 5 Monday, April 8, 2019Don’t Miss 144 of the World’s Best LPGA Golfers competing for a $1.8 million dollar purse at the historic Lake Merced Golf Club.
- The MacKenzie Public Golf Vision - A New Year Message from the Founders Friday, January 4, 2019The words, work and vision of Alister MacKenzie were our inspiration when we founded the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance. Preserving and restoring his vision at Sharp Park will guide our efforts in 2019 and beyond.
- Recap: Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 23, 2018The course was beautiful as always. The greens were as good as they have been in years. Some days, Sharp Park can just overwhelm you with its combination of beauty, history, art, recreation, and community. This was one of those days.
- Sharparkology 101: A lecture at the Pacifica Historical Society Monday, June 25, 2018SFPGA President "Professor" Richard Harris discusses the origins of golf in Scotland, its early history in America, the central place held by Alister MacKenzie in the history and practice of world golf architecture, and the artistry of his work at Sharp Park.