Mayor Ed Lee Vetoes Anti-Golf Sharp Park Ordinance!
San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee, on December 19, vetoed the Board of Supervisors' close- Sharp Park Golf Course Ordinance.
To send thank you emails and letters to Mayor Lee and to our supporters on the Board of Supervisors, click here.
Click here to download a Word File of the full SFPGA Press Release.
Click here to download a PDF of the Mayor's Veto Statement.
Articles of Interest:
*SF Chronicle, 'Mayor Ed Lee Vetoes Sharp Park Legislation,' Dec. 19, 2011:http://blog.sfgate.com/cityinsider/2011/12/19/mayor-ed-lee-vetoes-sharp-park-legislation/
* SF Chronicle Editorial, 'Don't Give Up Sharp Park,' Dec. 16, 2011: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/16/EDU61MCEPI.DTL
*Golf Digest, Bill Fields, 'Historic Sharp Park's Fate Hangs in the Balance,' Dec. 14, 2011: http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/blogs/local-knowledge/2011/12/historic-sharp-parks-fate-hangs-in-the-balance.html
*Geoff Shackelford, 'To USGA Critics, I Have a Message: Give the USGA a Break,' Dec. 15, 2011: http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2011/12/15/to-usga-critics-i-have-a-message-give-the-usga-a-break.html
*Golf World, Bradley Klein, 'SF Public Golf Under Fire, As Sharp Park Loses Vote,' Dec. 14, 2011: http://www.golfweek.com/news/2011/dec/14/sf-public-golf-under-fire-sharp-park-loses-vote/
*Beyond Chron, Rochelle Metcalfe, 'I heard that! Sharp Park, Frogs, Snakes, and Golfers,'Dec. 8, 2011: http://www.beyondchron.org/news/index.php?itemid=9748#more
News & Events
- Munis Are the Soul of Golf - Some fall press selections for your reading enjoyment Sunday, October 6, 2019For your reading enjoyment, a Fall, 2019 golfing press sampler on the joy and importance of municipal golf courses to local communities, the game at large, and efforts to renovate and restore munis nationwide.
- Sign Up for the Mayor Ed Lee Legacy Golf Tournament at Crystal Springs Oct 27, 2019! Sunday, September 22, 2019The Tradition Continues! Support the charitable causes important to the late great Mayor Ed Lee by joining us for a fun day of golf.
- National Golf Press Clippings:
Sharp Park is the Top US Priority for Muni Golf Restoration Wednesday, June 26, 2019For your reading enjoyment, a quick summer sampler from the 2019 national golfing press on the importance of Muni Golf in general and Sharp Park in particular.
- On-Line Bidding For The Silent Auction Is Now Closed. Thanks To All Who Participated. Tuesday, May 28, 2019The Silent Auction for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Benefit Tournament was concluded on June 8. All auction proceeds will go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on Sunday, June 9! Monday, April 29, 2019The Sharp Park Business Women's Golf Club and San Francisco Mayor's Women's Golf Council invite you to celebrate Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on June 9.