Monthly 'Love Your Sharp Park' Volunteer Clean-up DaysVolunteer
work crews consisting of Sharp
Park golfers (including
but not limited to members of the Sharp Park Golf Club and its Womens Section)
have been performing volunteer labor on the golf course (reparing traps,
cleaning-up tree trimmings, hand-removing weeds from the greens) since May,
The crews assemble on the first Friday of each month, and work from
9:00 a.m. to Noon.
Read a report of the July 9, 2010 volunteer work
day from Women's Section member Juanita
Here is an article in the SJ Mercury News about volunteer cleanup efforts at Sharp Park.
Join us next
month for a morning of fun work and a better Sharp Park!
News & Events
- Munis Are the Soul of Golf - Some fall press selections for your reading enjoyment Sunday, October 6, 2019For your reading enjoyment, a Fall, 2019 golfing press sampler on the joy and importance of municipal golf courses to local communities, the game at large, and efforts to renovate and restore munis nationwide.
- Sign Up for the Mayor Ed Lee Legacy Golf Tournament at Crystal Springs Oct 27, 2019! Sunday, September 22, 2019The Tradition Continues! Support the charitable causes important to the late great Mayor Ed Lee by joining us for a fun day of golf.
- National Golf Press Clippings:
Sharp Park is the Top US Priority for Muni Golf Restoration Wednesday, June 26, 2019For your reading enjoyment, a quick summer sampler from the 2019 national golfing press on the importance of Muni Golf in general and Sharp Park in particular.
- On-Line Bidding For The Silent Auction Is Now Closed. Thanks To All Who Participated. Tuesday, May 28, 2019The Silent Auction for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Benefit Tournament was concluded on June 8. All auction proceeds will go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on Sunday, June 9! Monday, April 29, 2019The Sharp Park Business Women's Golf Club and San Francisco Mayor's Women's Golf Council invite you to celebrate Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on June 9.