Monthly 'Love Your Sharp Park' Volunteer Clean-up DaysVolunteer
work crews consisting of Sharp
Park golfers (including
but not limited to members of the Sharp Park Golf Club and its Womens Section)
have been performing volunteer labor on the golf course (reparing traps,
cleaning-up tree trimmings, hand-removing weeds from the greens) since May,
The crews assemble on the first Friday of each month, and work from
9:00 a.m. to Noon.
Read a report of the July 9, 2010 volunteer work
day from Women's Section member Juanita
Here is an article in the SJ Mercury News about volunteer cleanup efforts at Sharp Park.
Join us next
month for a morning of fun work and a better Sharp Park!
News & Events
- On-Line Bidding For The Silent Auction Is Now Closed. Thanks To All Who Participated. Tuesday, May 28, 2019The Silent Auction for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Benefit Tournament was concluded on June 8. All auction proceeds will go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on Sunday, June 9! Monday, April 29, 2019The Sharp Park Business Women's Golf Club and San Francisco Mayor's Women's Golf Council invite you to celebrate Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on June 9.
- Lake Merced Hosts LPGA Mediheal Championship April 29 - May 5 Monday, April 8, 2019Don’t Miss 144 of the World’s Best LPGA Golfers competing for a $1.8 million dollar purse at the historic Lake Merced Golf Club.
- Sign Up For The Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament To Preserve Sharp Park - June 8! Wednesday, January 23, 2019Download and submit your entry form for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course. Join us for a day of golf, good times, and fundraising. This tournament is our primary fund-raising event to preserve the Mackenzie vision at Sharp Park for future generations.
- The MacKenzie Public Golf Vision - A New Year Message from the Founders Friday, January 4, 2019The words, work and vision of Alister MacKenzie were our inspiration when we founded the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance. Preserving and restoring his vision at Sharp Park will guide our efforts in 2019 and beyond.