Opposition Papers Filed; Hearing on Preliminary Injunction Scheduled for Nov. 18
Attorneys for the SF Public Golf Alliance and for the City and County of San Francisco on Friday, October 21 filed briefs and declarations opposing the motion of the Tucson-based Center for Biological Diversity and other plaintiffs for a court order to halt mowing and pumping at Sharp Park Golf Course. The plaintiffs' motion is both without merit, and the relief sought is contrary to the public interest.
Judge Susan Illston, will hear the motion on Friday, November 18, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. in her Courtroom 10, on the 19th Floor of the Federal Courthouse at 450 Golden Gate Ave., San Francisco.
The opposition files can be downloaded in compressed file (aka Zip file) format. Simply download them to your disk and double click them to view the files.
To download the SFPGA's Opposition papers: click here.
To download the City's Opposition papers: click here.
News & Events
- Sign Up For The Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament To Preserve Sharp Park - June 8! Wednesday, January 23, 2019Download and submit your entry form for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course. Join us for a day of golf, good times, and fundraising. This tournament is our primary fund-raising event to preserve the Mackenzie vision at Sharp Park for future generations.
- The MacKenzie Public Golf Vision - A New Year Message from the Founders Friday, January 4, 2019The words, work and vision of Alister MacKenzie were our inspiration when we founded the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance. Preserving and restoring his vision at Sharp Park will guide our efforts in 2019 and beyond.
- Recap: Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 23, 2018The course was beautiful as always. The greens were as good as they have been in years. Some days, Sharp Park can just overwhelm you with its combination of beauty, history, art, recreation, and community. This was one of those days.
- Sharparkology 101: A lecture at the Pacifica Historical Society Monday, June 25, 2018SFPGA President "Professor" Richard Harris discusses the origins of golf in Scotland, its early history in America, the central place held by Alister MacKenzie in the history and practice of world golf architecture, and the artistry of his work at Sharp Park.
- UPDATE: The 2018 Online Silent Auction Concluded.
Congratulations to the winning bidders. Thursday, May 17, 2018The Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament is on Saturday, May 26, but on-line bidding for the silent auction is open now! Bid on fantastic courses and golf adventures including Bandon Dunes, Friar's Head and Royal Dornoch. All auction proceeds go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.