Opposition Papers Filed; Hearing on Preliminary Injunction Scheduled for Nov. 18
Attorneys for the SF Public Golf Alliance and for the City and County of San Francisco on Friday, October 21 filed briefs and declarations opposing the motion of the Tucson-based Center for Biological Diversity and other plaintiffs for a court order to halt mowing and pumping at Sharp Park Golf Course. The plaintiffs' motion is both without merit, and the relief sought is contrary to the public interest.
Judge Susan Illston, will hear the motion on Friday, November 18, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. in her Courtroom 10, on the 19th Floor of the Federal Courthouse at 450 Golden Gate Ave., San Francisco.
The opposition files can be downloaded in compressed file (aka Zip file) format. Simply download them to your disk and double click them to view the files.
To download the SFPGA's Opposition papers: click here.
To download the City's Opposition papers: click here.
News & Events
- Munis Are the Soul of Golf - Some fall press selections for your reading enjoyment Sunday, October 6, 2019For your reading enjoyment, a Fall, 2019 golfing press sampler on the joy and importance of municipal golf courses to local communities, the game at large, and efforts to renovate and restore munis nationwide.
- Sign Up for the Mayor Ed Lee Legacy Golf Tournament at Crystal Springs Oct 27, 2019! Sunday, September 22, 2019The Tradition Continues! Support the charitable causes important to the late great Mayor Ed Lee by joining us for a fun day of golf.
- National Golf Press Clippings:
Sharp Park is the Top US Priority for Muni Golf Restoration Wednesday, June 26, 2019For your reading enjoyment, a quick summer sampler from the 2019 national golfing press on the importance of Muni Golf in general and Sharp Park in particular.
- On-Line Bidding For The Silent Auction Is Now Closed. Thanks To All Who Participated. Tuesday, May 28, 2019The Silent Auction for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Benefit Tournament was concluded on June 8. All auction proceeds will go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on Sunday, June 9! Monday, April 29, 2019The Sharp Park Business Women's Golf Club and San Francisco Mayor's Women's Golf Council invite you to celebrate Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on June 9.