Planning Department releases draft environmental impact report on Sharp Park Plan
Planning Department releases draft environmental impact report on Sharp Park Plan; public hearing to be conducted October 6; comment period ends October 17; come to the hearing; get your comments in.
The Planning Department also, on August 31, released the long-anticipated, multi-volume Draft Environmental Impact Report on the Rec & Park Department's Sharp Park Plan and other properties characterized as 'Significant Natural Resource Areas'. There will be a public hearing on the document at City Hall on October 6, 2011; last day for submission of written comments will be October 17, 2011.
Here are links to the Draft EIR and its several addenda:
Significant Natural Resource Areas Management Plan
Notice of Availability of a Draft EIR
Draft EIR Appendix A
Draft EIR Appendix B
Draft EIR Appendix B continued
Draft EIR Appendices C, D, and E
Draft EIR Appendices F, G, and H
Draft EIR Appendices I and J
NOTE: The public hearing on the Draft EIR will be held in Room 400, City Hall, on October 6, 2011, beginning at 1:30 or later. Public comments will be accepted until 5:00 PM on Monday, October 17, 2011.
To download a form letter to the Planning Commission, click here.
News & Events
- Recap: Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 23, 2018The course was beautiful as always. The greens were as good as they have been in years. Some days, Sharp Park can just overwhelm you with its combination of beauty, history, art, recreation, and community. This was one of those days.
- Sharparkology 101: A lecture at the Pacifica Historical Society Monday, June 25, 2018SFPGA President "Professor" Richard Harris discusses the origins of golf in Scotland, its early history in America, the central place held by Alister MacKenzie in the history and practice of world golf architecture, and the artistry of his work at Sharp Park.
- UPDATE: The 2018 Online Silent Auction Concluded.
Congratulations to the winning bidders. Thursday, May 17, 2018The Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament is on Saturday, May 26, but on-line bidding for the silent auction is open now! Bid on fantastic courses and golf adventures including Bandon Dunes, Friar's Head and Royal Dornoch. All auction proceeds go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Election Day June 5. Don't forget to vote! Sunday, May 13, 2018On June 5 San Francisco voters will select a new mayor to replace the late Ed Lee. Your vote matters.
The San Francisco Public Golf Alliance Endorses Prop 68 to protect our water, parks, and natural resources.
- Sign up for the Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park - May 26! Monday, January 22, 2018Download and submit your entry form for the Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica. All proceeds go to supporting the effort to preserve and protect our muni golf gem.