San Mateo County Supervisors Call Sharp Park Golf Course "A Benefit for All"
San Mateo County Ready to Take Over at Sharp Park Say County Supervisors.
In a signed Op-Ed column in the October 2, 2011 San Francisco Examiner, San Mateo County Board of Supervisors President Carole Groom and Vice-President Adrienne Tisser call for the preservation of Sharp Park Golf Course. San Mateo County 'identified private sources willing to underwrite most -- if not all' of the cost to preserve the golf course and recover habit at Sharp Park, and 'San Mateo County is prepared to accept Sharp Park as it exists today [and] work with Pacifica and all appropriate experts and stakeholders to ensure that Sharp Park is a sustainable natural habitat and a San Mateo County-managed, affordable public golf course.' To read the full story, click here
News & Events
- Sign Up For The Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament To Preserve Sharp Park - June 8! Wednesday, January 23, 2019Download and submit your entry form for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course. Join us for a day of golf, good times, and fundraising. This tournament is our primary fund-raising event to preserve the Mackenzie vision at Sharp Park for future generations.
- The MacKenzie Public Golf Vision - A New Year Message from the Founders Friday, January 4, 2019The words, work and vision of Alister MacKenzie were our inspiration when we founded the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance. Preserving and restoring his vision at Sharp Park will guide our efforts in 2019 and beyond.
- Recap: Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 23, 2018The course was beautiful as always. The greens were as good as they have been in years. Some days, Sharp Park can just overwhelm you with its combination of beauty, history, art, recreation, and community. This was one of those days.
- Sharparkology 101: A lecture at the Pacifica Historical Society Monday, June 25, 2018SFPGA President "Professor" Richard Harris discusses the origins of golf in Scotland, its early history in America, the central place held by Alister MacKenzie in the history and practice of world golf architecture, and the artistry of his work at Sharp Park.
- UPDATE: The 2018 Online Silent Auction Concluded.
Congratulations to the winning bidders. Thursday, May 17, 2018The Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament is on Saturday, May 26, but on-line bidding for the silent auction is open now! Bid on fantastic courses and golf adventures including Bandon Dunes, Friar's Head and Royal Dornoch. All auction proceeds go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.