Second Annual Alister MacKenzie Golf Tournament to Save Sharp Park
We're doing it again in 2013!
The Second Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park will be held Saturday, June 22 at Sharp Park Golf Course. The tournament will be hosted by the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance, together with the Sharp Park men's and women's golf clubs, Pacifica Chamber of Commerce, and Pacifica Historical Society. All proceeds go to our ongoing campaign to Save Sharp Park Golf Course.
Your $175 entry fee pays for a long day of fun, 18 holes of golf, a great tee prize, and donation to the great cause of saving Alister MacKenzie's historic public golf links. The tournament format will be foursome best ball (1 ball) , net and gross. We will have 2 shotguns: at 7:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., followed by silent auction, a raffle, and other festivities in the Clubhouse. Click here to download the entry form (in Adobe .pdf format).
We need Captains to sign-up foursomes early. So Save the Date. And line-up your teammates, fill in the entry blanks, and return them to us. Please let us know right away if you will serve as a Team Captain. And let us know if you or anyone you know can Sponsor a Hole, or step up to be one of our honored Tournament Sponsors.
News & Events
- Recap: Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 23, 2018The course was beautiful as always. The greens were as good as they have been in years. Some days, Sharp Park can just overwhelm you with its combination of beauty, history, art, recreation, and community. This was one of those days.
- Sharparkology 101: A lecture at the Pacifica Historical Society Monday, June 25, 2018SFPGA President "Professor" Richard Harris discusses the origins of golf in Scotland, its early history in America, the central place held by Alister MacKenzie in the history and practice of world golf architecture, and the artistry of his work at Sharp Park.
- UPDATE: The 2018 Online Silent Auction Concluded.
Congratulations to the winning bidders. Thursday, May 17, 2018The Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament is on Saturday, May 26, but on-line bidding for the silent auction is open now! Bid on fantastic courses and golf adventures including Bandon Dunes, Friar's Head and Royal Dornoch. All auction proceeds go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Election Day June 5. Don't forget to vote! Sunday, May 13, 2018On June 5 San Francisco voters will select a new mayor to replace the late Ed Lee. Your vote matters.
The San Francisco Public Golf Alliance Endorses Prop 68 to protect our water, parks, and natural resources.
- Sign up for the Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park - May 26! Monday, January 22, 2018Download and submit your entry form for the Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica. All proceeds go to supporting the effort to preserve and protect our muni golf gem.