Write Mayor Ed Lee, Asking Him to Veto SF Supes' Narrow Vote to Close Sharp Park
If golfers want to preserve Sharp Park Golf Course, they must immediately email and call San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee, requesting a veto of the Avalos anti-golf Ordinance, which passed narrowly on December 6 at the Board of Supervisors.
You can send an email to Mayor Lee by clicking here.
Mayor Lee's complete contact information, as well as contact information for our supporters, can be found by clicking here.
In a close vote with potential disastrous consequences for affordable public golf, the San Francisco Board of Supervisors on December 6 voted 6-5 in to open negotiations to turn-over the 400-acre Sharp Park property -- including its Alister MacKenzie-designed golf course -- to the National Park Service The NPS has already announced it will not operate a golf course on the property.
The Supervisors adopted the controversial motion on 'first reading' December 6; it will return to the Board for final 'second reading' December 13. After that, the law will pass into law unless Mayor Ed Lee vetoes the ordinance within 10 days.
Click here for the full story.
News & Events
- Munis Are the Soul of Golf - Some fall press selections for your reading enjoyment Sunday, October 6, 2019For your reading enjoyment, a Fall, 2019 golfing press sampler on the joy and importance of municipal golf courses to local communities, the game at large, and efforts to renovate and restore munis nationwide.
- Sign Up for the Mayor Ed Lee Legacy Golf Tournament at Crystal Springs Oct 27, 2019! Sunday, September 22, 2019The Tradition Continues! Support the charitable causes important to the late great Mayor Ed Lee by joining us for a fun day of golf.
- National Golf Press Clippings:
Sharp Park is the Top US Priority for Muni Golf Restoration Wednesday, June 26, 2019For your reading enjoyment, a quick summer sampler from the 2019 national golfing press on the importance of Muni Golf in general and Sharp Park in particular.
- On-Line Bidding For The Silent Auction Is Now Closed. Thanks To All Who Participated. Tuesday, May 28, 2019The Silent Auction for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Benefit Tournament was concluded on June 8. All auction proceeds will go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on Sunday, June 9! Monday, April 29, 2019The Sharp Park Business Women's Golf Club and San Francisco Mayor's Women's Golf Council invite you to celebrate Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on June 9.