Write Mayor Ed Lee, Asking Him to Veto SF Supes' Narrow Vote to Close Sharp Park
If golfers want to preserve Sharp Park Golf Course, they must immediately email and call San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee, requesting a veto of the Avalos anti-golf Ordinance, which passed narrowly on December 6 at the Board of Supervisors.
You can send an email to Mayor Lee by clicking here.
Mayor Lee's complete contact information, as well as contact information for our supporters, can be found by clicking here.
In a close vote with potential disastrous consequences for affordable public golf, the San Francisco Board of Supervisors on December 6 voted 6-5 in to open negotiations to turn-over the 400-acre Sharp Park property -- including its Alister MacKenzie-designed golf course -- to the National Park Service The NPS has already announced it will not operate a golf course on the property.
The Supervisors adopted the controversial motion on 'first reading' December 6; it will return to the Board for final 'second reading' December 13. After that, the law will pass into law unless Mayor Ed Lee vetoes the ordinance within 10 days.
Click here for the full story.
News & Events
- Recap: Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 23, 2018The course was beautiful as always. The greens were as good as they have been in years. Some days, Sharp Park can just overwhelm you with its combination of beauty, history, art, recreation, and community. This was one of those days.
- Sharparkology 101: A lecture at the Pacifica Historical Society Monday, June 25, 2018SFPGA President "Professor" Richard Harris discusses the origins of golf in Scotland, its early history in America, the central place held by Alister MacKenzie in the history and practice of world golf architecture, and the artistry of his work at Sharp Park.
- UPDATE: The 2018 Online Silent Auction Concluded.
Congratulations to the winning bidders. Thursday, May 17, 2018The Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament is on Saturday, May 26, but on-line bidding for the silent auction is open now! Bid on fantastic courses and golf adventures including Bandon Dunes, Friar's Head and Royal Dornoch. All auction proceeds go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Election Day June 5. Don't forget to vote! Sunday, May 13, 2018On June 5 San Francisco voters will select a new mayor to replace the late Ed Lee. Your vote matters.
The San Francisco Public Golf Alliance Endorses Prop 68 to protect our water, parks, and natural resources.
- Sign up for the Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park - May 26! Monday, January 22, 2018Download and submit your entry form for the Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica. All proceeds go to supporting the effort to preserve and protect our muni golf gem.