Welcome to the New San Francisco Public Golf Alliance Website!
- by: San Francisco Public Golf Alliance
Notice anything different around here? We've given our website a facelift! The old website served us well in our early years as a grassroots movement defending our San Francisco municipal golf course civic gems from the misguided and misinformed who seek to destroy them.
The battle for Sharp Park is not over. We need to defend against appeals pending in the courts, support needed infrastructure renovations, push for habitat restoration, persuade our civic leaders, and correct disinformation from disingenuous opponents promoting misleading PR campaigns. We hope this new, improved, more accessible website will help galvanize our supporters and better engage and inform the public about our mission.
The changes are more than skin deep. We have also changed our primary domain from SFPublicGolf.com to SFPublicGolf.org in order to better reflect our status as a 501.c.3 non-profit, public benefit organization.
As with all changes, there are bound to be glitches and hiccups. Please pardon our dust as we work through any issues and get things cleaned up around here. If you see any problems, have any suggestions, or just want to let us know what you think of the new site, drop us a note at email@example.com.
Help us get out the word about our new site and support our mission. Please - Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Link us on LinkedIn! Like our pictures on Instagram! The more social media support we get from you, the bigger the impact we can have as an organization.
Finally we'd like to express our deep appreciation for the creative effort and hard work of Jeff Reber, Reed Thompson and the rest of the team at Enlite10 who helped us build this website. We hope you enjoy it!
News & Events
- Recap: Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 23, 2018The course was beautiful as always. The greens were as good as they have been in years. Some days, Sharp Park can just overwhelm you with its combination of beauty, history, art, recreation, and community. This was one of those days.
- Sharparkology 101: A lecture at the Pacifica Historical Society Monday, June 25, 2018SFPGA President "Professor" Richard Harris discusses the origins of golf in Scotland, its early history in America, the central place held by Alister MacKenzie in the history and practice of world golf architecture, and the artistry of his work at Sharp Park.
- UPDATE: The 2018 Online Silent Auction Concluded.
Congratulations to the winning bidders. Thursday, May 17, 2018The Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament is on Saturday, May 26, but on-line bidding for the silent auction is open now! Bid on fantastic courses and golf adventures including Bandon Dunes, Friar's Head and Royal Dornoch. All auction proceeds go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Election Day June 5. Don't forget to vote! Sunday, May 13, 2018On June 5 San Francisco voters will select a new mayor to replace the late Ed Lee. Your vote matters.
The San Francisco Public Golf Alliance Endorses Prop 68 to protect our water, parks, and natural resources.
- Sign up for the Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park - May 26! Monday, January 22, 2018Download and submit your entry form for the Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course in Pacifica. All proceeds go to supporting the effort to preserve and protect our muni golf gem.