San Francisco's Samantha Gong Wins NorCal Girls High School Championship
- by: San Francisco Public Golf Alliance
Samantha Gong on Sharp Park 1st tee at the SF Public Golf Alliance May, 2015 Alister MacKenzie Tournament
Samantha Gong is co-medalist at the Northern California High School Girls golf championship. The St. Ignatius Senior
-- a long-time student of San Francisco teaching pro Dede Moriarty -- posted an even-par 72 in the rain Monday, November 9 at the NorCal CIF Tournament at Crazy Horse GC, Salinas (the former Salinas Country Club), to earn co-medalist honors with Pioneer High's (San Jose) Sabrina Iqbal
. Next stop for Samantha is the State High School Championships, Tuesday, November 17 at Poppy Hills in Pebble Beach. Following graduation from St. Ignatius in Spring, 2016, Samantha will head across town to University of San Francisco on a golf scholarship.
Congratulations Samantha and good luck at State!
News & Events
- Sign Up For The Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament To Preserve Sharp Park - June 8! Wednesday, January 23, 2019Download and submit your entry form for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course. Join us for a day of golf, good times, and fundraising. This tournament is our primary fund-raising event to preserve the Mackenzie vision at Sharp Park for future generations.
- The MacKenzie Public Golf Vision - A New Year Message from the Founders Friday, January 4, 2019The words, work and vision of Alister MacKenzie were our inspiration when we founded the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance. Preserving and restoring his vision at Sharp Park will guide our efforts in 2019 and beyond.
- Recap: Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 23, 2018The course was beautiful as always. The greens were as good as they have been in years. Some days, Sharp Park can just overwhelm you with its combination of beauty, history, art, recreation, and community. This was one of those days.
- Sharparkology 101: A lecture at the Pacifica Historical Society Monday, June 25, 2018SFPGA President "Professor" Richard Harris discusses the origins of golf in Scotland, its early history in America, the central place held by Alister MacKenzie in the history and practice of world golf architecture, and the artistry of his work at Sharp Park.
- UPDATE: The 2018 Online Silent Auction Concluded.
Congratulations to the winning bidders. Thursday, May 17, 2018The Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament is on Saturday, May 26, but on-line bidding for the silent auction is open now! Bid on fantastic courses and golf adventures including Bandon Dunes, Friar's Head and Royal Dornoch. All auction proceeds go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.