San Francisco's Samantha Gong Wins NorCal Girls High School Championship
- by: San Francisco Public Golf Alliance
Samantha Gong on Sharp Park 1st tee at the SF Public Golf Alliance May, 2015 Alister MacKenzie Tournament
Samantha Gong is co-medalist at the Northern California High School Girls golf championship. The St. Ignatius Senior
-- a long-time student of San Francisco teaching pro Dede Moriarty -- posted an even-par 72 in the rain Monday, November 9 at the NorCal CIF Tournament at Crazy Horse GC, Salinas (the former Salinas Country Club), to earn co-medalist honors with Pioneer High's (San Jose) Sabrina Iqbal
. Next stop for Samantha is the State High School Championships, Tuesday, November 17 at Poppy Hills in Pebble Beach. Following graduation from St. Ignatius in Spring, 2016, Samantha will head across town to University of San Francisco on a golf scholarship.
Congratulations Samantha and good luck at State!
News & Events
- On-Line Bidding For The Silent Auction Is Now Closed. Thanks To All Who Participated. Tuesday, May 28, 2019The Silent Auction for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Benefit Tournament was concluded on June 8. All auction proceeds will go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on Sunday, June 9! Monday, April 29, 2019The Sharp Park Business Women's Golf Club and San Francisco Mayor's Women's Golf Council invite you to celebrate Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on June 9.
- Lake Merced Hosts LPGA Mediheal Championship April 29 - May 5 Monday, April 8, 2019Don’t Miss 144 of the World’s Best LPGA Golfers competing for a $1.8 million dollar purse at the historic Lake Merced Golf Club.
- Sign Up For The Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament To Preserve Sharp Park - June 8! Wednesday, January 23, 2019Download and submit your entry form for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course. Join us for a day of golf, good times, and fundraising. This tournament is our primary fund-raising event to preserve the Mackenzie vision at Sharp Park for future generations.
- The MacKenzie Public Golf Vision - A New Year Message from the Founders Friday, January 4, 2019The words, work and vision of Alister MacKenzie were our inspiration when we founded the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance. Preserving and restoring his vision at Sharp Park will guide our efforts in 2019 and beyond.