Register For Executive Women’s Day at Swinging Skirts Tournament
- by: San Francisco Mayor's Womens Golf Council
Juli Inkster, - LPGA Hall of Fame, 2-time US Open Champion and 2015 Solheim Cup Captain and Brandi Chastain - 1999 World Cup Champion
Two of the brightest stars in Bay Area sports -- two-time US Women’s Open champion Juli Inkster, and two-time Olympic soccer gold medalist Brandi Chastain -- will headline the Executive Women’s Golf Day at the Swinging Skirts Championship, to be held April 20, starting 9 a.m. at Lake Merced Golf Club in South San Francisco. Both Inkster and Chastain grew up in the Bay Area, and played their sports at San Jose State and University of Santa Clara, respectively. The Executive Women’s Day (see program below) is a half-day, open-to-the-public women’s golf, motivation, and networking event that will be a warm-up for the third annual Swinging Skirts Women’s Golf Championship, to be played at Lake Merced April 21-24.
The event is co-sponsored by the San Francisco Mayor’s Women’s Golf Council. Tickets for the Executive Women’s Day are available here. Tickets for one or more days of the Swinging Skirts Tournament are available here
18 year-old golfing phenom Lydia Ko, the World’s Number One golfer and the 2014 and 2015 Swinging Skirts champion, will headline the outstanding field for the Swinging Skirts Tournament.
News & Events
- Looking Back and Moving Forward. A New Year Message from the Founders. Saturday, December 30, 2017The year in review. A look back at 2017 and forward to the year ahead as we move closer to the dream of renewing Sharp Park.
- It's Back! The Save Sharp Park Red Leather Headcover! Saturday, December 30, 2017Our collector’s item red-leather “Save Sharp Park” driver headcover is available again! Get ‘em while they’re hot and while supplies last! Proceeds go to your San Francisco Public Golf Alliance.
- Mayor Ed Lee, San Francisco City Champion Thursday, December 14, 2017“When it counted, Mayor Lee stepped up for public golf and public golfers. He knew from his own life how important golf can be to people. Public course golfers never had a better friend.”
- In Memory of Herb Lee Tuesday, November 21, 2017San Francisco’s First Chinese-American cop and long-time Sharp Park golf regular, passes on to greener fairways.
- Simply the Best: Golf Architecture at Sharp Park Wednesday, November 1, 2017“Sharp Park is more than a golf course; it is a test case for how much we care about public golf.”