Register For Executive Women's Day at Swinging Skirts Tournament
- by: San Francisco Mayor's Womens Golf Council
Juli Inkster, - LPGA Hall of Fame, 2-time US Open Champion and 2015 Solheim Cup Captain and Brandi Chastain - 1999 World Cup Champion
Two of the brightest stars in Bay Area sports -- two-time US Women’s Open champion Juli Inkster, and two-time Olympic soccer gold medalist Brandi Chastain -- will headline the Executive Women’s Golf Day at the Swinging Skirts Championship, to be held April 20, starting 9 a.m. at Lake Merced Golf Club in South San Francisco. Both Inkster and Chastain grew up in the Bay Area, and played their sports at San Jose State and University of Santa Clara, respectively. The Executive Women’s Day (see program below) is a half-day, open-to-the-public women’s golf, motivation, and networking event that will be a warm-up for the third annual Swinging Skirts Women’s Golf Championship, to be played at Lake Merced April 21-24.
The event is co-sponsored by the San Francisco Mayor’s Women’s Golf Council. Tickets for the Executive Women’s Day are available here. Tickets for one or more days of the Swinging Skirts Tournament are available here
18 year-old golfing phenom Lydia Ko, the World’s Number One golfer and the 2014 and 2015 Swinging Skirts champion, will headline the outstanding field for the Swinging Skirts Tournament.
News & Events
- Sign Up For The Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament To Preserve Sharp Park - June 8! Wednesday, January 23, 2019Download and submit your entry form for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course. Join us for a day of golf, good times, and fundraising. This tournament is our primary fund-raising event to preserve the Mackenzie vision at Sharp Park for future generations.
- The MacKenzie Public Golf Vision - A New Year Message from the Founders Friday, January 4, 2019The words, work and vision of Alister MacKenzie were our inspiration when we founded the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance. Preserving and restoring his vision at Sharp Park will guide our efforts in 2019 and beyond.
- Recap: Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 23, 2018The course was beautiful as always. The greens were as good as they have been in years. Some days, Sharp Park can just overwhelm you with its combination of beauty, history, art, recreation, and community. This was one of those days.
- Sharparkology 101: A lecture at the Pacifica Historical Society Monday, June 25, 2018SFPGA President "Professor" Richard Harris discusses the origins of golf in Scotland, its early history in America, the central place held by Alister MacKenzie in the history and practice of world golf architecture, and the artistry of his work at Sharp Park.
- UPDATE: The 2018 Online Silent Auction Concluded.
Congratulations to the winning bidders. Thursday, May 17, 2018The Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Benefit Tournament is on Saturday, May 26, but on-line bidding for the silent auction is open now! Bid on fantastic courses and golf adventures including Bandon Dunes, Friar's Head and Royal Dornoch. All auction proceeds go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.