Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on Sunday, June 9!
- by: San Francisco Mayor's Women's Golf Council
To Register for Womens' Golf Day at Sharp Park CLICK HERE!
"It's critically important in golf. One of our stated objectives is for golf to look like America does... With respect to women, as you know, they are 50+ percent of the U.S. population, but 24 percent of the golf population. But encouragingly, more than 35 percent of beginners are women... Similarly, as it relates to junior golfers, it's actually the same number—35 percent of junior golfers are women. That's really encouraging. So if you subscribe to the notion that today's juniors are tomorrow's golfers, then the face of golf will change... Not to get too lost in the stats, but if you study them like we do, it really bodes well for the future of the game ... So I'm very encouraged by the numbers that show us women are coming into the game."
One of the ways women are being introduced and encouraged to enjoy the game we love is Women's Golf Day
- an invitation for women to enjoy an innovative low cost introduction to women-friendly golf.
Women’s Golf Day is a four hour experience happening globally where women and girls can experience golf for the first time or where current players can play and engage with women interested in golf. It is being hosted at golf courses and retail locations all around the world. The event kicks off June 4th at golf venues around the bay area, but we're going to extend it a week with a very special Womens Golf Day at Sharp Park on Sunday June 9th!
Sponsored by the San Francisco Mayor's Womens Golf Council and the Sharp Park Business Womens Golf Club, this is a great way to be introduced to golf and meet women who want to share their love of the game with you.
It will be a fun day at San Francisco's municipal jewel designed by Alister MacKenzie, golf's greatest architect. Don't miss it!
REGISTER HERE and we'll see you there!
News & Events
- Sign Up For The Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament To Preserve Sharp Park - June 8! Wednesday, January 23, 2019Download and submit your entry form for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course. Join us for a day of golf, good times, and fundraising. This tournament is our primary fund-raising event to preserve the Mackenzie vision at Sharp Park for future generations.
- Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on Sunday, June 9! Monday, April 29, 2019The Sharp Park Business Women's Golf Club and San Francisco Mayor's Women's Golf Council invite you to celebrate Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on June 9.
- Lake Merced Hosts LPGA Mediheal Championship April 29 - May 5 Monday, April 8, 2019Don’t Miss 144 of the World’s Best LPGA Golfers competing for a $1.8 million dollar purse at the historic Lake Merced Golf Club.
- The MacKenzie Public Golf Vision - A New Year Message from the Founders Friday, January 4, 2019The words, work and vision of Alister MacKenzie were our inspiration when we founded the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance. Preserving and restoring his vision at Sharp Park will guide our efforts in 2019 and beyond.
- Recap: Seventh Annual Alister MacKenzie Tournament to Save Sharp Park Monday, July 23, 2018The course was beautiful as always. The greens were as good as they have been in years. Some days, Sharp Park can just overwhelm you with its combination of beauty, history, art, recreation, and community. This was one of those days.