Our goal is to nurture and defend affordable, eco-friendly public golf in San Francisco for future generations, by encouraging public golf throughout all segments of the community, and by caring for San Francisco's heritage public golf courses.
Our purpose is to research and educate the community about the benefits of public golf and public golf courses. We collect, analyze and provide historical, cultural, recreational, financial and community data about these courses to the public, media and key decision makers.
Our priority is to work with preservationists, environmentalists, golfers, governmental agencies, and community leaders in San Francisco, Pacifica, and San Mateo County to save the Alister MacKenzie golf shrine of Sharp Park, and scenic Lincoln Park. Our plan includes commitments to preserve affordable public golf, engage the community, and preserve the environment .
Our motivation is the historical legacy and community joy inextricably bound to these courses and in this game.
Please read this motivational letter from our Honorary Chairman in Perpetuity - Ken Venturi, the 1964 U.S. Open Champion who grew up playing SF muni courses, and find out more about how you can help the Alliance.
News & Events
- National Golf Press Clippings:
Sharp Park is the Top US Priority for Muni Golf Restoration Wednesday, June 26, 2019For your reading enjoyment, a quick summer sampler from the 2019 national golfing press on the importance of Muni Golf in general and Sharp Park in particular.
- On-Line Bidding For The Silent Auction Is Now Closed. Thanks To All Who Participated. Tuesday, May 28, 2019The Silent Auction for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Benefit Tournament was concluded on June 8. All auction proceeds will go to our ongoing campaign to Save and Preserve Sharp Park.
- Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on Sunday, June 9! Monday, April 29, 2019The Sharp Park Business Women's Golf Club and San Francisco Mayor's Women's Golf Council invite you to celebrate Women's Golf Day at Sharp Park on June 9.
- Lake Merced Hosts LPGA Mediheal Championship April 29 - May 5 Monday, April 8, 2019Don’t Miss 144 of the World’s Best LPGA Golfers competing for a $1.8 million dollar purse at the historic Lake Merced Golf Club.
- Sign Up For The Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament To Preserve Sharp Park - June 8! Wednesday, January 23, 2019Download and submit your entry form for the Eighth Annual Alister MacKenzie Heritage Tournament to Preserve Sharp Park Golf Course. Join us for a day of golf, good times, and fundraising. This tournament is our primary fund-raising event to preserve the Mackenzie vision at Sharp Park for future generations.